Browse Items (8 total)

/websites/chnm/workspace/tinnerhill/Uploads/Tinner Hill 010.jpg
Next to home is the Henderson store that Eliza started and Louisa ran until the 1930s.

/websites/chnm/workspace/tinnerhill/Uploads/Tinner Hill 027.JPG
The election was held in 1880, following the incorporation of Falls Church as a Town.

/websites/chnm/workspace/tinnerhill/Uploads/Tinner Hill 026.JPG
A newspaper clipping describing the opening of James E. Lee School.

/websites/chnm/workspace/tinnerhill/Uploads/Tinner Hill 024.JPG
Mary Ellen Henderson's retirement from teaching. According to the article, the two room school house (Fall Church Colored School) opened in 1887. The photograph should be cropped out because it from her 1950 retirement, after 31 years of teaching.

/websites/chnm/workspace/tinnerhill/Uploads/Tinner Hill 023.JPG
1915 Referendum vote regarding segregation within the Town.

A collaborative project between: African and African American Studies, George Mason University, and the Tinner Hill Heritage Foundation. Funding was provided in part by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.